Periodontics is a special branch of dentistry that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of all stages of gum disease. For a better understanding of the basics of periodontics, listed below are some important facts about this dental specialty:
– Periodontists treat all stages of gum disease, including gingivitis.
– Periodontists receive an additional three years of advanced study beyond normal dental school.
– Signs of potential periodontal disease include excessive swelling, loose teeth, bleeding gums, and gums receding away from the teeth.
– Periodontists are also trained in dental implants, including their installations and repair.
– A common side effect that often occurs in conjunction with periodontal disease is halitosis, also known as bad breath.
– Periodontics is a branch of dental specialists that focus entirely on the periodontal disease commonly known as gum disease.
If you would like to set up an appointment to discuss your possible periodontics treatment with Dr. Robin Cropper and our team at Dentistry For Today, please call 502-517-0073 to set up a visit to our dentist office in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky. We look forward to helping you soon!